Saturday 1 September 2007

Spring is sprung, the grass is riz....

My Father used to quote this little poem frequently when the season was apt. We lived in the USA when I was a child, and this was always spoken with an absurd parody of a New York twang.....the remainder of the poem goes:-
I wonder where them boidies is?
The boids is on the wing.....but that's absoid,
the wing is on the boid.
Another little seasonal quote:-
Sitting quietly, doing nothing, Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself.
The Gospel According To Zen
and this:-
The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence, but you still have to mow it.- Anonymous
Both true! So that is what I did today - mowed my grass for the first time this season - it smells delicious and looks like the green felt on a billiard table.

No comments: