Friday 21 November 2008

Great DVDs




I was lucky enough to borrow these two DVDs from the Embroiderer's Guild Library on Wednesday and have now watched them for a second time, I shall probably view them again before I return them and take some notes, particularly of how Jean Littlejohn works with soluble fabrics. If you are interested in their take on contemporary textile work, then they are well worth tracking down to see how they do it and what they are really like, which is more difficult to judge from their books.
People asked about the Echidna, yes it has spines on its back and sides, which look very sharp. The one I have seen around the place is probably a male as it was much bigger than those I have seen previously - probably about 18-20 inches (45-50 cms) long from the tip of his nose to his tail. They are usually very shy, and according to what I have read, are not usually out and about by day, so I was lucky to see him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new header, your 200th post, and lucky you to have access to those DVDs. I love coming to your blog and reading the latest news. Love your sac...tres jolie!!

Carol said...

Meant to say also that I think your new header is great. Look forward to seeing what those DVDs inspire you to create. Am being given my own copies of the Art Quilter TV Series DVDs for my Birthday. YAY! So you'll get yours back before too long.

Doreen G said...

I have viewed both of these DVD's and yes they are fantastic.
Love the new header as well.