Monday 8 December 2008

Gathered......

I have said it before and happily admit that I am a dreadful scrounge, and I love hunting and gathering stuff no one else wants. You may recall my good fortune in February when I found a dusty old bottle at the local tip, which turned out to be this Swedish glass decanter, for which I was charged only 20 cents. Yesterday I returned to our tip shop to find this grotty old cupboard, for which I paid $10.

Look what a good scrub and a couple of coats of paint did for the old thing. If there was space in my sewing room it would be moved in there, but instead it is destined for the garage and will hold all the dyes and associated clobber I seem to have acquired........


I also spotted this ladder when I went back to collect the cupboard, having needed to clean out the car so it would fit inside. As I had left my wallet behind on the second trip, all I had in the car was my collection of parking meter coins, a total of $3.50 which was less than the nominated price, but enough to satisfy the friendly tip attendant. It is quite sturdy, a bit heavy, but just too much of a bargain to leave behind! If I were into shabby chic country decorating, then it could be used as a display rack of some sort - but I'm not, so it may just remain a functional piece of garage equipment.
Roses for today..........
David Austin's 'Ambridge Rose'




David Austin's 'Radio Times'
'Peace'
Another David Austin - 'Brother Cadfael'

2 comments:

Carol said...

Your roses are exquisite! I can almost smell them over the internet.

Jane said...

Way to go Sue.... I love found treasures as much as you do. What an awesome find and also the pics of the roses? Just gorgeous!