Wednesday 12 December 2007

No idle hands for me....

As I browse my favourite textile and quilting Blogs it seems many creative people are reviewing the past year's achievements and planning, with great resolve, for the next - I'm finding interesting lists of things yet to be completed, projects planned and various tempting challenges issued for the coming year. I don't have much in the way of UFOs, except for the fussy cut and hand pieced hexagon quilt that has been underway for more years than I can remember, however that has never prevented me from starting exciting new or different stuff!

I have joined the Aust-NZ Art Quilters Journal Project as well as the Unique Stitching Art Quilt Challenge that will raise money for the NSW Cancer Council. I was too late discovering Sharon B's wonderful Take a Stitch Tuesday to participate, but will be doing her Take it Further Challenge and hopefully might be able to combine it with the Journal quilts. In addition, my niece has been promised a quilt for her January wedding and no doubt, other projects will pop up along the way, and then there is the garden .......2008 promises to be as busy and over committed as 2007, but would you want it any other way?



Today's photo is of Oriental Poppy seed heads - the poppies were self sown in my vegetable patch where I had planted peas. I did not get round to weeding them out so you can guess which plants won!

No comments: