Wednesday 30 January 2008

January TIF #2 and my faithful companion


I've done a second piece for TIF - when I first gathered fabrics I thought they were potential colours for a landscape, so I thought I would try one. It is the usual journal size, and fabrics were fused, then machine appliqued and machine quilted. The only hand work is the field of lazy daisy stitching and the slip stitching of the binding. I was also practising using the QSR on my Bernina - something that I do not find as easy as I had expected and I need to do a lot more.

The snoozing pooch is my Blue Merle Collie Maggie who tends to stick by me at all times, and is never reluctant to make herself comfortable on whatever may be on the floor - in this case the cushion from my chair and a piece fabric that had failed audition for the piece and was thoughtlessly chucked out of the way.

6 comments:

MargB said...

I like both your TIF offerings and have enjoyed reading about your life in the country. Did you ever read "A small place in the country"?

Anonymous said...

Maggie Gump!!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. I click on the image to see all the detail and the wonderful fabrics you have used. Hope the shoulder is improving.

Gwen said...

I love both of your TIF pieces, and your photos of chickens! I love chickens!

Vivian said...

Your TIF challenge is beautiful and so is Maggie!

Mary Corbet said...

I really love both pieces, but I like this one best of all - the close up image is really spectacular - I like the stitching in the sky, and the little yellow flowers! Perfect!