Sunday 20 April 2008

Impulse purchase.......


I need another new project like the proverbial hole in the head, but today on the way home I called into Purl's Palace in Daylesford hoping to find some silk tops of a particular colour for something I'm doing. I found the silk I was seeking, but also succumbed to the temptation of wonderful wools, and bought this in my favourite dirty denim blue colour to knit a big woolly wrap. It is a mixture of New Zealand merino wool and mohair so is beautifully soft and snuggly. The speckled ball is wool and alpaca boucle and will be used in the fringe to give a bit more shine and texture. This I shall do in the evenings when glued to the box and unmotivated to work on anything more challenging. Big needles, thick yarn........should not take too long.

No comments: