Friday 4 April 2008

Catch up.........

The new computer is great - love the big screen, it is fast, and I'm learning the different way Vista does things. It is not without some hassles though, my relatively new printer was not new enough to be compliant with Vista and so needed to download various drivers and utilities from the Epson site to make it all work - which it now does. Unfortunately my digital camera will also not talk to Vista, and I'm waiting to hear from Nikon if appropiate downloads are available, but am not too hopeful as this is several years old and may just be too ancient! Fingers crossed.

I have been thinking about doing this for a while, but when in Melbourne yesterday for some face numbing dental work, I gave myself another treat and purchased a Pfaff Embellisher at my favourite sewing machine store. I have had a wonderful time experimenting with what it can do, and have only broken one needle so far! I'm amazed at the way one can meld fabric and fibres, make different surface textures, trap textiles and couch cords, yarns and ribbons. My night time reading will no longer be blood curdling mysteries about serial killers, but Val Campbell-Harding and Maggie Grey's wonderful books - Embellish and Stitch and Stitch Dissolve and Distort and others.


The April TIF challenge has been set. The theme is to be based on the question "How do you see change?" It reminds me of staff development meetings in the large organisation for which I used to work, where change was constant and much resisted........The optional colours are these:-



Even though the dark red ochre at the end is the exact colour of the soil where I live, these do not appeal to me at all, so I have no idea what I shall do, but I think I shall be using my new toy!

No comments: