Sunday 8 June 2008

Needlefelted Pieces


As my beloved Bernina is still in the repair shop, this cold and damp weekend has been spent playing with the Pfaff embellisher and working on last Wednesday's first lesson from Dale Rollerson. The first one is my answer to her challenge to make something using the first techniques we learnt. It is made from felt embellished with silk and woollen tops, then cut and woven together and stitched with simple running stitch. The flowers are similar, but have an additonal layer of pink prefelt on white felt, and then silk needled into it, the flower shapes cut and needled onto the base and then embroidered with french knots.


This little landscape, which is just bigger than a postcard, is again felt embellished with wool and silk tops, some knitting yarn, crewel wool and embroidered with knots, stem and straight stitches.


2 comments:

Micki said...

Love both of these pieces especially like the woven piece. Thanks for taking a look at my blog. Like your wet felted pieces. I have not really tried that as yet.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I now own an embellisher - what fun it is! thanks for comment on stencilling - I'll try that. I saw a multicoloured stencilled image in a mag and wondered how they got the colours to blend so nicely.