Wednesday 15 October 2008

A Quilt for today......

Tomorrow I journey to Castlemaine to help with the cleaning of a large church hall, and then the hanging of the quilts for the Goldfield's Quilters Exhibition. As mentioned previously there will be a few of mine on show, only one is relatively new as my creative stitching is fast going in another direction. One of those now in its bag in a friend's home, waiting for tomorrow, usually hangs in my big living room, and will one day be replaced by another currently under construction. The absence of the red one caused me to haul this one out of the cupboard and hang it instead; I was reminded that I rather like it, so may leave it on the wall for while. It is the quilt made from signature blocks exchanged at the very first Southern Cross Quilters Retreat I attended in Sydney in 2005, at which I met a great bunch of creative women and made some very good friends.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your signature quilt. The way the colours have been put together is brilliant.
Jenni

Carol said...

I remember this quilt of yours. It's a beauty of a signature quilt. My blocks from the same retreat are still in a drawer. Oh dear!